Sunday, April 29, 2007

This has no title. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cause it's nothing I've said or done
It's just that life watched me go by
Sometimes I can't believe you could've been the one
Just the thought makes me cry

All I can do
Really, baby
Is stop thinking of you
And let him hold me, I'm his baby

The one you probably never respected
The one who never did for you
Cause it's breaking my heart
But not tearing me apart

You're only a shadow
Of what you could've been
Living your life next to me
And actually seeing me

Not treating me
Like I was worse, your inferior
Don't treat me as I am
But what I could be

All he sees in me
Is so much more than I can be
And all I've ever wanted
Was for you to get it

I watched you grow
From the little boy who stood next to me
To the young man that seems to forget his past
I knew it couldn't last...

Watching you
Following you
Wishing, hoping, praying
I could find it inside me

To say something
More than I ever could
Something
Just one moment of bravery

The one moment that never came
Because I never got the chance
When you showed who you want to be
No better, but fast approaching misery

And I still ask myself
How could this happen
Why did I drop my shield
And try to let you in

I missed so much
In so few months
I wish I could know you again
But I'm no longer that girl

He's changed me in ways
You never could
But he didn't make me
As strong as you did

Because for all I feel
I know there's one thing I can't forget
That I hate you
Because you could never love me

And this feeling will be long to fade
It's not something we can just erase
You've left my world
And he's running with me.

1 comment:

Join June said...

Darn your solemn poetry. It's too...Well...Solemn.