Wednesday, June 13, 2007

You make me feel like I'm bigger than who I am

Current Mood - A little nervous, sad, happy, calm
Current Music - Art of Listening - Tom Cochrane
Hello Goodbye - The Beatles
Who's that Girl? - Hilary Duff
Come Together - The Beatles


Well, classes are officially over. I'm not sure if I'm happy about that, most of my friends are people I see at school, but don't hang out with otherwise. I mean, I'm glad it's summer, and it means I'll be able to hang out, see some friends who live in the south, get a tan. =P But then again, school's just such a big part of my life.
Anyways, on Sunday I went to Jubilations Dinner theatre with Daniel, and saw Magical Mystery Tour: Songs of the Beatles. it was a combo, Monty Python and the Holy Grail/Beatles. I loved it, and knew pretty much all of the songs, with one or two exceptions. Dan and I even got called onstage!! They were singing "Come Together" during intermission, and I was grooving in my seat and singing along, so they came over and were like, "You're singing along, you go up with Lancelot!" I just had so much fun!
Saturday was the BP tournament. Ugggh...Damn you Westmount...But not actually. Keenan and I did terribly in the first round, gave no POIs, and were up against three senior teams. Second round, we ended up on prop side with Sean and Lyndsey(hope I spelt that right). We were lucky, because although they were a better team, they managed to keep us relevant in the debate! Third round was odd, we were in a room full of Abe debaters, like literally, we were all from Abe. Mariam and Gareth actually debated in the that round. The were 1st prop, and had no idea what they were doing. Everyone helped as best they could, but it was a debate of three teams. Fourth was okay, we ended up on opp with Kurt and Stephen. Apparently we did badly, but there was one guy in the prop side who just plain pissed us off, he took almost no POIs, and have so many, and was obviously pissed when we waved him down. all in all a tournament I think.
I played my first game of the playoff round last night. So much fun, and we won 2-0. I played goal first half, and i pretty much sat down twice. That's how good we were playing. I was a lazy player on Mid, but I actually got two scroing chances, which i screwed up. Sent them right at the goalie...
Anyways, exam break! yay, not. I have to go in almost everyday for Science tutorials. It's not too bad, i'll probably meet Paw for Wendy's most days. =P And plus my piano exam is tomorrow, as is my social exam. FLA is on friday, and Science is next Thursday. busy, busy...
On an amazing happy note, all my friends made it into Stampede! YAY!! Tim, Chelsea, Kelsie, Niel, Lauren, Moni, Braydon, Henry, Adam... YAY!!! I'm soo happy for y'all.

Quotes:

"The only case they brought was their second speaker!" - David Miko in finals, talking about prop's case or Kees...or lack thereof.

"You guys finish your game of SPIT(*slaps hand on air, as though slapping the table*) and we'll be right back!" - Rebekah

1 comment:

Join June said...

My partner's name is spelled Lyndsay. Congratulations on finishing classes, and Art of Listening (Tom Cochrane).